By the most recent update from the National Hurricane Center (as of 11am on 9/12/18), it looks like we will see some heavy rains and storm weather. Hurricane Florence will make her mark on the Midlands of South Carolina. In our typical Jeff Riley Team fashion, we are getting "ahead of the storm" and working to be as prepared as possible.
Here are some specific points you should be thinking about when it comes to your home/ real estate.
- Locate and secure all of your important documents.
- Property Deed
- Homeowners/Renter's insurance policies
- Birth Certificates
- Secure any items around the house outside that can either fly away or float away
- Take precautions with your boat if you have one in Lake Murray
- Take photos around your home inside and out in the event of damage. That can save you time in the claims process if needed.
In addition to all of these specific precautions, we have also made available the South Carolina Hurricane Preparedness Guide here. You can click the link and it will open up for you as a pdf file.
If your home is currently listed with The Jeff Riley Team, we are reaching out to our community and making the needed adjustments to any inspections, contract requirements, and closings to best serve our clients. Feel free to keep in touch with us during this time.
Finally, share with us below if you know anyone in our community in need OR if you have resources available for those in need. The Jeff Riley Team is here to support our greater Columbia community in the best possible way.
The Jeff Riley Team